Victoria, British Columbia is one of the most beautiful and health conscious cities on the planet. What a treat to live here!
The following lists are great places to go for a walk, run, hike or bike. We at METRO consider them a “fitness guide” to Victoria. (Maps are linked to each item)
- Clover Point area. You can park here and go either along the Dallas Road cliff side walkway, or along the Ross Bay walkway. A beautiful region whether you are biking, walking or running.
- Breakwater. You can park your car along Dallas Road and indulge in a beautiful walk or run along the breakwater. It now has guard rails for you and your family’s peace of mind. If you get a little hungry, there is a wonderful bistro back at the entrance.
- Mt Douglas Park. Whether you want to hike, run or bike up this majestic icon of Victoria, you are sure to work up a sweat!
- Cedar Hill Golf Course. No, this is not for golfers! But the chip trail around this beautiful course has many winding detours and a lot of elevation to make your walk or run a great, 3 KM workout.
- Songhees (Westbay) Walkway. Run or walk this gorgeous waterfront region. You will encounter some nice refreshment options along the way (e.g.: Spinachers Pub/Restaurant). Enjoy!
Try these out and then come back for a PART 2 of our “Fitness Guide to Victoria.” We will be helping you make the most of this wonderful city!